Tuesday, May 29, 2012

College Life!

I can't believe how incredibly old this blog is.  It is refreshing to read about my troubles with school back in high school: they sound so meaningless and empty three years forward.  College struggles seem to knock high school problems out of the ring, yet seem so much more manageable.

I'm currently headed into my fifth and final semester at the community college I'm attending, and I'm just about to finish up my Associates in Liberal Arts degree.  I thought generalized, core courses would be the easy thing to do for my first degree, but it proved to be just as challenging as anything else I could think of doing.  So far, I've enjoyed the lectures and teachings of World Religion, Political Science, Logic, Drama, Sociology, Cultural and Physical Anthropology, Film and Literature, and the teachings of Yoga.  I've had some tough and unwanted classes, such as Botany, Hawaiian Studies, English Composition, and perhaps some other courses I care not to remember at the moment.

I have three courses left to go before I graduate in the Winter.  I believe I'm taking Korean (elective), Visual Art (elective), and Astronomy (requirement in the Natural Sciences).  I won't be walking, of course, nor do I want to wait until the Spring to walk.  I'll opt to walk when I graduate from UH or something, but that's all tentative.

Post-Associates, I plan to attend UH West O`ahu and apply for the Social Sciences program.  It seems to be the only interest I have, and considering my absolute love for Anthropology and Sociology and my great people skills, it would look to be the best option for my interests and strengths.

That's all for my experiences in Academia.

Until next time,

No comments: